Time flies when you're having fun? Well, something is another year older today, and that would be the site! August 29, 2009 was the first day I posted an article on the blog, "Analyzing the Wii Manufacturing Costs in 2009". Today marks 3 years of posting for me on CoffeeWithGames, with only two months being absent of any posts at all over the last 3 years!
If you have been reading the site since I started it back in 2009, you probably have noticed the slight, but hopefully better, changes to the data stories I do on a regular basis. You might even remember when I changed the background to the coffee beans that are currently still there, shocking you awake each time you visit. If you are new to visiting and reading CoffeeWithGames though, you might wonder what you have missed since the beginning.
Brew yourself some coffee, and take a look at some things you might not know about CoffeeWithGames.
Here are some things about CoffeeWithGames from over the last 3 years that you might not know, or may have just forgotten:
- CoffeeWithGames.com started off as CoffeeWithGames.Blogspot.com, not an official ".com".
- The current banner at the top now was made a reader, Araknid, who also made the coffee mug that is standard in data report images as well. You can see one of the first CoffeeWithGames banners I put together with my terrible skills, HERE.
- I was contacted by Nintendo's PR firm after I broke the story on Metroid Prime: Trilogy no longer being published or shipped; which I thought was odd as they offered nothing in return for wanting to know how I "broke" the news that they had told me. Terrible PR is terrible PR, and Nintendo I think has a clear history of having terrible PR.
- I have participated in podcasts on sites like Nintendo-Okie.com and WhoBurnedMyToast.Blogspot.com over the last 3 years. My first podcast was with the guys from WhoBurnedMyToast, and you can see my post on it HERE.
- Keith, of RespawnAction.com (in hibernation), and I started up our own podcast that lasted I believe for 2 weeks...MAYBE? It was called Tornadoes in Alaska, and you can check out the first podcast we did HERE.
- I have written only one "new" official review of a game for the site and that was for Max & the Magic Marker. You can read the full review for it HERE. Though I have only written one review since forming the site, I have provided lots of coverage for other games; some very detailed coverage, such as THIS.
- My first review was with Interplay, about their DSiWare game, Legendary Wars: T-Rex Rumble. You can read that interview HERE.
How long will CoffeeWithGames continue to be active with posts? I'm not sure at this point, but I am working on a few ideas for future features such as the "Critics vs. Customers" one I posted up 2 weeks ago. Counting this post, I have gotten up 604 posts over the last 3 years, and most of them have been original data stories that aren't really found anywhere else. While I have enjoyed blogging these last 3 years the biggest enjoyment hasn't been just doing the posts, but the conversations, friends, and readers I have met because of it. It seems I have connections all around the U.S. now, and even around the world now, because of starting up CoffeeWithGames 3 years ago.
Thank you all for the comments and discussions you have provided over the last 3 years on the site, and I hope to provide more stories and coverage of the "coffee" and "games" industry to provide more conversations going forward. Being that today marks CoffeeWithGames' third anniversary, or birthday, what is an anniversary or birthday without a gift? Well, let's not have to answer that question!
If you leave feedback to the questions below, I'll put your name in the coffee container next week and draw it for a coffee and/or game related giveaway. Keep the coffee brewing, to help keep your eyes peeled for more contests/giveaways over the next month!
If there was one new feature on CoffeeWithGames, be it regular reviews, a podcast, coffee talk, opinion pieces, or even just game-play videos, or something totally different, what would you like to see? Do you have a favorite post on CoffeeWithGames, that you enjoyed more than the others?