It seems like I was just writing my "Happy New Year" post, but January is done!
You may be wondering, "What's up with your 'Coffee Bean Family' banner, and what's this 'New Bean Roasting'"? Drum roll...
Well, I'm happy to announce that my wife and I are expecting our second child! Mrs. Coffee is doing well, and she's actually about 19-weeks along in the pregnancy.
We just had an ultra-sound last Friday, and found out we are having another little boy coffee bean, so I'll be adding another "Little Boy Bean #2", in a few months to the banner. While we have known for a few months, I decided to wait until the ultra-sound to see if it was pink or blue...before making the announcement here. The ultra-sound results were normal, and the baby bean was reported to be doing well.
In other not so big of news, school started back for me in January, so I'm doing my best to keep up and stay on schedule with my schoolwork...which is why my posting has slowed down some.
So, with the big news out, what video games and coffees did I play/consume during January? Let's take a look!
Coffees Consumed in January:
- Caribou Coffee Reindeer Blend(Medium Dark Roast) - You may recall this was some coffee that showed up Christmas morning, a gift from my wife. I'm still enjoying it, but being that it's a whole bean coffee, and with my crazy school schedule starting back in January, I didn't find myself grinding it up very often, and would do it only about once, maybe twice, a week.
- Maxwell House Custom Roasted Dark Roast Ground Coffee - We finished off the container from December, and Mrs. Coffee purchased us another 270 cup container of it, toward the end of January. The new one will probably last us until the middle of February, or the end.
Video Games Played in January:
- Borderlands - Keith and I played Borderlands a decent amount in January, but we still have a long way to go to finish the game. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and it seems like the game has a wide range of weapons, and we haven't even seen them all yet.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns - This game is a blast! Mrs. Coffee and I played through the game, and completed it 100% according to the game's data. We are now going back through, and collecting all the puzzle pieces in each level, and we should finish that within the next week or so. Donkey Kong Country Returns was the first game from my list for my New Year's resolution, that I completed.
- GoldenEye 007 - I'm still working my way back through GoldenEye 007's single-player campaign, on the "Agent" difficulty setting; and played through a few more missions in January. I also played a the Golden Gun multi-player mode in January, though only a few matches of it. It was fun, and I think once I figured out where the gun is in each map initially, I would do better.
- Greg Hastings Paintball 2 - I am still working my way through the single-player campaign in Greg Hastings Paintball 2. The game has a lot of levels, and I plan to do a more in-depth video "preview" when I finish the campaign. I think I'm about 50% through the single-player campaign, and I did finally unlock the game's paintball rocket launcher, but I haven't purchased it yet.
- Monster Hunter Tri - I started playing this again in January, as part of my New Year's video game resolution, and I'm still enjoying the game. I even played the game's online multi-player some, even though that isn't part of my New Year's resolution. I'm almost finished with the quests in the single-player campaign, enough so that I believe my "final" quest has already been opened up for my picking.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii was the first game I think we played in the New Year. We had friends over, and after rocking out last year with music games from the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series, we ended up bringing in the New Year with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, with four-players, and having a lot of fun.
So far, I have completed one of the twelve video games on my New Year's resolution list, and I played a few more, as listed above, during the month of January. While I didn't drink as many coffees as I have in past months, I probably consumed about the same amount though.
If anybody has any questions about the coffees I consumed, or the video games I played, during January; please leave the question in the comments section, or email me if you prefer.
Also, you may have noticed the new banner at the top of the site, it was made by reader ArakniD, who also made the other banner I had been using. I'll be switching the banners back and forth, so thank you ArakniD for taking the time to design me a new banner for the site! I really appreciate it!
So, what video games and beverages did you find yourself playing/consuming during January?
Well first off - major congrats on the upcoming Bean! :) Just think of all those nights playing games with a restless little one... *grins* I can't begin to guess how many seasons of Madden I played, rocking my son at night because nothing short of the rocker recliner at 3am made him sleep. Congrats again! :)ReplyDelete
On the game front - glad to see you making some headway on your list. I think I've sadly fallen further behind on mine despite the # of reviews I've been doing. I just started playing Monster Hunter Tri a bit the other day, and dusted off Mario again too. Still need to get Golden Eye at some point...
Congratulations on the new life.ReplyDelete
I really like the banner, but I'm a bit confused about why there is a Space Invader in it.... Seems like there could be legal issue somewhere in there.
I'll try to recount some stuff I played later, but it's a bit late right now.
If you're ever hopping online in Monster Hunter Tri, feel free to send me an email, and if I can I'll gladly hop online as well.
I'll have to check with ArakniD, as he made the banner, and I have no idea how he made it...if he created the Space Invader on his own, there shouldn't be any legal issues of "copyright", as it would be his original work...which I just assumed it was.
Thank you both for the comments and "congrats", I appreciate it!
Let's see, in January I got around to playing....ReplyDelete
A lot of Donkey Kong Country Returns. I bought it in on January 1st; saved some money through Target. Really excellent platformer.
I played a lot of No More Heroes 2 in January. Not entirely sure if I beat in January as well...I only bought it the day after Christmas, even though it was one of the few items I put on my wish list for friends and family and I pointed out that it was only $20. I would have been ready to say I enjoyed it considerably less than NMH 1, but after I beat it I started up a new game, this time on Bitter difficulty (hard), and I'm realizing there is more substance to it that I previously saw.
I was looking for something relaxing, so I purchased Dive: The Medes Island secret in January.
I beat Pulseman. Would love to see the character and his powers revisited in a new game.
Played a lot of Wii Sports Resort, not only for a piece I wrote on my blog, but I've been -trying- to get some more stamps. Not a lot of success.
I played Wario Land Shake It! once or twice. Enough to beat the final boss though I've got plenty of treasures to collect and levels to unlock.
I played more Marble Saga Kororinpa. Can't wait for the 3DS version (fingers crossed it wasn't cancelled with the Hudson Entertainment portion of Hudson closing with the Konami merger).
I did a short run of The Conduit and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption to compare to the Move controls of Killzone 3.
Played a single round of Grill-Off with Ultra Hand! Tried the Fluidity demo (good!) and the Robox demo (so bad....).
I wanted to purchase Dive: The Medes Islands Secret last year when it released, but didn't.
I still have Endless Ocean: Blue World to play, so I figured I should complete that one first.
BTW, when you said, "I did a short run of The Conduit and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption to compare to the Move controls of Killzone 3.", do you have the Sony Move and Navigation controller? Or, are you purchasing it for Killzone 3?
Thanks for the feedback!