|Black Ops 2's main multiplayer screen.|
Treyarch had a history of supporting their Call of Duty titles on the Nintendo Wii post launch with patches aimed at fixing certain issues, or just making general improvements. Treyarch's newest Call of Duty title, Black Ops 2, did not release for the Wii, but it did release for the Wii U.
Do you own a Wii U and a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2? If so, there is now a new patch for the game that is available. The video below provides a few details:
If you didn't/can't watch the video, here are a few bullet points on the new Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 patch for the Wii U:
- The patch starts downloading immediately upon trying to launch the game.
- The patch took (me) less than 10 minutes to download and install.
- The patch now allows the Wii U GamePad Home button to be pressed while online between matches, or just looking at statistics not during a match.
- Pressing the Home button will allow you to capture the image on the TV (and GamePad) for posting to Miiverse.
- Pressing the Home button will back you out of the online server to the main Black Ops 2 multiplayer screen (see: main image above), so if you're in a party with friends you may want to wait.
- Treyarch has acknowledged there are "some issues with the version of the patch", but they are working with Nintendo and have stated they are hoping an update might be provided tomorrow.
- *Patch size is currently 94 MB for all patches released. (Last update around March 20th.)
|My Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 combat record.|
I have only played a few matches today since the patch released, and I didn't experience any issues that I was aware of post-patch. The ability to hit the GamePad's Home button is a great addition, and I'm really glad to see Treyarch get that worked into this latest patch.
Like I mentioned in the video above, if you have a Wii U and Black Ops 2 or if you're just looking for additional Wii U friends, feel free free to add my Nintendo Network ID to your Wii U friend list, which is Coffees!
Have any of you been playing Black Ops 2 on the Wii U, if so, have you enjoyed the online multiplayer? Also, are there any particular issues you have experienced since this patch was released that might need to be addressed with another one?
You can purchase Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for the Wii U from Amazon.com below: